FRONT PAGE AMPYRA AUBAGIO AVONEX BETASERON COPAXONE EXTAVIA
Stan's Angels MS News Channel on YouTube GILENYA NOVANTRONE REBIF RITUXAN TECFIDERA TYSABRI
 THE AVONEX CHANNEL
Click Here For My Videos, Advice, Tips, Studies and Trials.
Timothy L. Vollmer, MD
Department of Neurology
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center Professor

Co-Director of the RMMSC at Anschutz Medical Center

Medical Director-Rocky Mountain MS Center
Click here to read my columns
Brian R. Apatoff, MD, PhD
Multiple Sclerosis Institute
Center for Neurological Disorders

Associate Professor Neurology and Neuroscience,

Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Clinical Attending in Neurology,
New York-Presbyterian Hospital
CLICK ON THE RED BUTTON BELOW
You'll get FREE Breaking News Alerts on new MS treatments as they are approved
MS NEWS ARCHIVES: by week
March 2005   
April 2005   
June 2005   
July 2005   
August 2005   
September 2005   
October 2005   
November 2005   
May 2006   
June 2006   
July 2006   
October 2006   
April 2010   
May 2013   
June 2013   
July 2013   
August 2013   
July 2014   
November 2014   
January 2015   
February 2015   
April 2015   
July 2015   
January 2016   
March 2016   

HERE'S A FEW OF OUR 6000+ Facebook & MySpace FRIENDS
Timothy L. Vollmer M.D.
Department of Neurology
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Co-Director of the RMMSC at Anschutz Medical Center
and
Medical Director-Rocky Mountain MS Center


Click to view 1280 MS Walk photos!

"MS Can Not
Rob You of Joy"
"I'm an M.D....my Mom has MS and we have a message for everyone."
- Jennifer Hartmark-Hill MD
Beverly Dean

"I've had MS for 2 years...this is the most important advice you'll ever hear."
"This is how I give myself a painless injection."
Heather Johnson

"A helpful tip for newly diagnosed MS patients."
"Important advice on choosing MS medication "
Joyce Moore


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday

 

HERE'S MY TIPS ON HOW TO REDUCE THE TERRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF AVONEX & OTHER INTERFERONS
















Toni Perry, Guest Columnist, MSnewsChannel.com

I think we are the unknown hero's of multiple sclerosis. I myself was dx'd in 2000 at 27 years of age. I was put on avonex immediately. Many stop this therapy because of the side effects we all know that interferons cause. I can say that I have lost 24 hours a week to avonex. I run a fever and have extra fatigue and often extra pain and depression on what I call my medicine day. I've found there are ways to help myself. Take ibuprofen before my shot which my husband gives just before bed. I try to sleep through the fluish feelings. I take ibuprofen when I wake and it helps more than any thing I've been prescribed. I have not had a flare for many years and I will stay on avonex
even if I moan and groan one day a week. I make sure medicine day falls on Monday so I am alone for the tears. It makes others nervous to see the side effects of the interferon. I've decided that I'll struggle through avonex issues because at this time we have no perfect meds and I think if it's not broke it does not need to be fixed.if you are starting avonex know there is a possibility it may work too keep you stable. Just buy ibuprofen and prepare for your medicine day. Good luck to everyone and remember to smile today!!!!

Labels: ,